I havenÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t had a ton of time to write lately because of the World Series, and some stuff IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ve done for Dime Magazine with Kyrie Irving and Penny Hardaway.Ã‚Â Expect some more next week, I have a couple of ideas IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ve wanted to put out there.
But for now, IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢m enjoying the Halloween weekend. If youÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ve been a longtime reader of this site, you know I like everything about the holiday Ã¢â‚¬â€œ the movies, the decorations, all of it. ItÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s basically the only holiday I truly like, though New YearÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s isnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t that bad and IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢m very slowly warming up to Christmas.
My belief is that youÃ¢â‚¬â„¢re never too old for Halloween; IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢d better believe that, since IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢m now 32. But for a few days a year, I think itÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s cool to embrace your weirdness and just enjoy the creepiness of this time of year. I donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t get into the whole party thing Ã¢â‚¬â€œ I think about 98 percent of the people I see with their drunken nonsense in New York City are pathetic. I enjoy the holiday in other ways; snowed in today, I indulged in a double-feature of Death Proof and Drag Me To Hell.
I mostly freestyle the holiday, but one tradition I have every year is that I make my own Halloween mix CD. IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢m not satisfied with the options on the market, way too much Ã¢â‚¬Å“Monster MashÃ¢â‚¬Â and Ã¢â‚¬Å“Creature Stole My Surfboard.Ã¢â‚¬Â So I harvest my own collection of horror movie theme songs and radio ads, and sprinkle in some other appropriate songs to give me something to listen to in October.
As a gift to those of you who stop by the site, IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢d like to offer up this yearÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Halloween mix to download (link below). ItÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s really more suitable for driving to a haunted house than playing at a party, though my mixes have been used at parties in the past and nobody complained. The track list is below the weekly NFL picks.
Note: You may need to reorder them when you put them in iTunes. For best results, I suggest you do, just follow the track list below.
Hope you all enjoy. And I hope everyone has a safe, horrifying Halloween.
WEEK 8 PICKS
Season record: 11-7-3
Last week: 2-1 Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Hit with Pittsburgh, Denver; missed with San Diego.
Jaguars +9.5 at Texans Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Still no Andre Johnson, and that Jags defense probably keeps this one closer than the spread.
Saints -13.5 at Rams Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Coming off a 62-7 win and against an arguably worse team, no reason not to think the Saints win a blowout.
Giants -10 vs. Dolphins Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Picking on my favorite team here, but no reason to expect them to compete against a better Giants team in frigid North Jersey. (Trust me, itÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s frigid.)
SportsAngle Halloween 2011 Mix
1. Ã¢â‚¬Å“Dr. SatanÃ¢â‚¬Â (House of 1000 Corpses)
2. Everybody Scream Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Rob Zombie, House of 1000 Corpses
3. Ã¢â‚¬Å“Something HorribleÃ¢â‚¬Â (American Psycho)
4. Ã¢â‚¬Å“Murder Was The CaseÃ¢â‚¬Â Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Snoop Dogg
5. The Ring Ã¢â‚¬â€œ This is Going to Hurt
6. Last House on the Left Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Radio spot
7. Dexter Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Main spot
8. Sweeney Todd Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Main title
9. Ã¢â‚¬Å“Stuntman MikeÃ¢â‚¬Â (Death Proof)
10. Death Proof Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Chick Habit
11. Inception Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Dream is Collapsing
12. Suspiria Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Radio spot
13. Ã¢â‚¬Å“Swords DrawnÃ¢â‚¬Â Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Army of the Pharaohs
14. The Godfather II — Saint-SaÃƒÂ«nsÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ The Carnival of the Animals: Aquarium
15. Ã¢â‚¬Å“I got a rockÃ¢â‚¬Â (ItÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown)
16. It Came in the Night Ã¢â‚¬â€œ A. Raincoat
17. Ed Wood Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Main theme
18. Tourist Trap Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Radio spot
19. Ã¢â‚¬Å“Diary of a MadmanÃ¢â‚¬Â Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Gravediggaz
20. The Witches of Eastwick Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Dance of the Witches
21. The Fog Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Radio spot
22. The Fog Ã¢â‚¬â€œ End title
23. Maniac Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Cemetery Chase
24. Ã¢â‚¬Å“AinÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t the Only Thing TastyÃ¢â‚¬Â (House of 1000 Corpses)
25. Ã¢â‚¬Å“Western EyesÃ¢â‚¬Â Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Portishead
26. Revenge of the Creature Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Main title
27. 28 Days Later Ã¢â‚¬â€œ In a Heartbeat
28. Halloween Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Radio spot
29. Ã¢â‚¬Å“Murder Inc. Ã¢â‚¬Å“Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Dr. Dre
30. Astro Zombies Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Radio spot
31. Ã¢â‚¬Å“Zombie A Go GoÃ¢â‚¬Â Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Captain Clegg and the Night Crawlers
33. Edward Scissorhands Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Etiquette Lesson
34. Ã¢â‚¬Å“Burn My ShadowÃ¢â‚¬Â Ã¢â‚¬â€œ UNKLE
35. Ã¢â‚¬Å“Final ConfessionÃ¢â‚¬Â (American Psycho)